Despite the fact that the metro closes at 2 am on weekends, I've definitely been enjoying the Paris "out" scene. The first place we checked out was this area called St. Michel, which has this tiny little corridor filled with bars and ethnic food. Alyssq visited last week and I met her there for alcohol and good times. While waiting for her to get there, two boys came up to me and Cally with a shopping cart and a bag of bread. They offered us the shopping cart. When we politely declined, they began a hard sales pitch claiming it was a mode of transportation that was both "economique" and "ecologique." They then offered us a slice of bread. We explained that we really weren't in the market for a shopping cart, nor did we want any bread. The boys decided that they would leave us the cart anyway in case we changed our minds, wished us a pleasant evening, and took off. Alyssa found me in front of the cart with an incredibly confused look on my face.
Another spot I've come to love is this club called La Flèche D'or (The Golden Arrow). It's packed full of hipsters but the awesome kind, not the kind that tries too hard. It's a little far from my apartment but it's definitely worth the trek. I saw this really great indie band there on Wednesday called Ra Ra Riot. They had an electric cello. It blew my mind.
My mom is visiting me this week so I've gotten to eat lots of delicious French food and go to a lot of fun tourist attractions. She leaves tomorrow at which point I'm headed off to Florence to visit Evan. Fun times should ensue...
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ra Ra Riot is amazing! I saw them at Swarthmore a couple of weeks ago, and yeah the cellist is awesome.
ReplyDeleteDana and I HAD tickets to Ra Ra Riot (with Death Cab + Cold War Kids) at DAR, but freaking Passover got in the way.
ReplyDelete